Truck Driver Institute (TDI) is an adult vocational school that trains individuals and couples to get their Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDL) and provides ongoing job placement with our more than 20+ carrier partners.
Founded in 1973 by U.S. Army Veteran Thomas Gast, the school has grown to twelve campuses located in eight states. TDI is the largest Class A CDL School East of the Rockies not owned by a trucking company.
Find Out More
The TDI Program:
- Our 15-day intensive class was developed and is updated regularly by seasoned, professional, truck drivers who have millions of miles logged in trucking industry.
- As a TDI student, you’ll go through classroom instruction, hands-on training within the safety of a large, off-road driving range, and on-the-road driving instruction in modern training vehicles.
- From the first day of class, TDI provides you with employment and job placement assistance. We also negotiate with your future employer to obtain carrier-paid tuition reimbursement when we can, which covers the cost of your training.
- We partner with 20+ top carriers who hire TDI graduates over those from other truck driver CDL training schools.
- TDI’s graduate placement rate is more than 95%.
The TDI Difference
- Our school is not a ‘mom and pop shop’ or ‘CDL Mill’. TDI is an industry leader with a respected reputation for excellence, safety and integrity.
- TDI is an approved Third Party CDL Examiner for every state where our campuses are located that allows third party testing. In those states, a trip to the DMV isn’t necessary.
- From our caring admissions representatives who are ready to answer your every question to the instructors who push you to do your very best to our carrier partners that rely on us to provide them with the best truck drivers to meet their never-ending need, TDI is with you all the way.
Truck Driver Institute works hard to be your gateway to a new career. Give us 15 days and we can literally change your life and the lives of those you love and support.
As a TDI graduate you will have your Commercial Drivers License, a Diploma and a job with good pay plus all of the benefits your family deserves including medical insurance, dental insurance, 401K retirement, and more.