How Much Does Truck Driving School Cost?
Affordable Tuition + Financial Assistance = Job Placement
It’s very simple, just do the arithmetic … if you compare all the different career training options available, becoming a professional truck driver has the best financial return on your investment, by far. With a short training period, affordable tuition — and in many instances employers assisting in your training cost if you qualify — professional truck driving is clearly a smart career choice for folks who want a good, steady income. There is no unemployment in the trucking industry right now. Demand for professional, qualified drivers is at an all time high.
Your upfront out-of-pocket cost will be approximately $200 – $300, depending on whether you require lodging. Most truck lines we work with will help with the balance through their Tuition Assistance Programs. Even with the low cost of tuition, there are still several options available for covering the costs of CDL Training. Some of these options include:
Career Education Funding
There are several financial assistance options available to help with the cost of CDL Training with very little upfront out of pocket expenses. Truck Driver Institute’s Student Services Department is available to assist in coordinating and implementing the best funding option for you.
Employer Tuition Assistance
Like nurses, truck drivers are in great demand, and many employers are willing to do what it takes to attract qualified candidates. Along with a strong pay and benefit plan many trucking companies are even willing to invest in your education through Tuition Assistance Programs once hired. All this over and above a very attractive pay package and with no employment contracts required.
Some of Our Carrier Partners:
- 5 Reasons to Drive Schneider National after Truck Driving School
- Driven to Succeed with Werner Enterprises
- KLLM Transport Offers Driver Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement
- Recruiting True Blue Drivers — H.O. Wolding
- Stevens Transport Offers Excellent Tuition Reimbursement Program
- TMC Transportation: Tuition Reimbursement and Earnings Opportunity
- Truckin’ Bucks: Student Referrals Are Worth $100
- U.S. Xpress Offers Improved Tuition Assistance Program
- Welcome Cypress Truck Lines as a carrier partner with Truck Driver Institute!
You’ve served your country, thank you — now it’s time for us to give back. We participate in many of the GI Bill® programs and can work with you on establishing and using those hard-earned benefits towards your new career as a professional truck driver. Be sure to ask our VA Certifying Official for details on our veteran-specific programs.