TDI Carrier Partners
Want to learn more about lowering your truck driving school cost with tuition reimbursement? Take a look at our current list of carriers below and click on their name for more information.
- Werner Enterprises offers up to $6,000 of tuition reimbursement. Employees also receive paid orientation and vacation, a student bonus option, a 401(k) retirement plan and stock options, and health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Schneider National offers up to $7,000 of tuition reimbursement. They also offer continual training, work in a variety of fields (such as regional, over-the-road, tanker, or team positions), a competitive starting salary, full benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan, paid time off, and performance-based bonuses.
- TMC Transportation pays recent CDL school graduates while training at TMC in a nationally recognized program. New drivers were able to earn as much as $60,000 in their first year at TMC.
- U.S. Xpress Enterprises offers up to $7,000 of tuition reimbursement. Their drivers also have the opportunity to work in a variety of disciplines, drive solo or team, earn competitive pay and benefits, get steady weekly miles, and drive well-maintained trucks with cutting-edge technology.
- TransAm Trucking offers up to $6,000 of tuition reimbursement. Their competitive benefits and training packages include paid time off, a 401(k) retirement plan, a Cafeteria 125 Plan, a no-cost life insurance policy, and health and dental coverage for drivers, their spouses, and their children.
- H.O. Wolding offers tuition reimbursement to recent TDI graduates. Their compensation package and benefits include a 401(k) retirement plan, paid time off, safety and mileage bonuses, rider and pet programs, entry-level pay increases and pay programs for additional increases, and reduced health care insurance benefit premiums.
- KLLM Transport works with student drivers to start their career and pay their truck driving school costs. They offer several different career paths, allowing drivers to become a lease purchase operator, an over-the-road driver, or even a regional driver, depending on where you live.
- Cypress Truck Lines offers tuition reimbursement for students who agree to drive with them after graduation. They are seeking drivers in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, and Florida.
- Stevens Transport offers tuition reimbursement with a number of unique benefits to TDI graduates. Stevens Transport will pay 100% of your monthly loan note, they will start reimbursing at your very first loan payment, and they will pay off your entire loan if you work with them for just two years.
- Dot Transportation offers tuition reimbursement up to $4,600 for drivers who have graduated in the last three years. Enjoy paid orientation and training at one of America’s largest private companies with one of the lowest turnover rates in the trucking industry.
Why Can’t You Trust “Free” CDL Training?
“Free” CDL training is never actually free. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Somebody always has to pay for that “free” CDL training. Take a closer look at any truck driving school that offers “free” tuition, and you’ll find that it comes with a big catch.
Those schools will require you to sign a contract to drive for a particular carrier for a specified period of time after graduation. This is called contract training, and typically it is how that “free” truck driving school can cover the cost to train you.
While contract training may save you a little money upfront, it can cost you a tremendous amount of money over the long haul. It eliminates your freedom to choose your employer or find yourself a better job driving for another trucking company. That’s why Truck Driver Institute does not engage in contract training.
Instead, our students are free to compare and accept employment offers from any of over 20 carriers that work with TDI. This way, you get the benefits of lowering your truck driving school cost while having the freedom to choose the best deal for you. Our carriers are some of the biggest, most well-known trucking companies in the United States. Even better, they’re actively recruit Truck Driver Institute graduates every week.
Take a look at our carriers above to get started. If you have any questions, call us at 800-848-7364 or contact us online.
Does TDI Offer Paid CDL Training?
During your 3 weeks (15 days) of training for your CDL at Truck Driver Institute, you are not yet hauling freight. Therefore, you are not paid during this training.
When you get your Commercial Driver’s License, you will have the opportunity to go to work with a carrier of your choice. TDI does not guarantee placement.
Once you join a senior driver to complete your on-the-job company orientation and training, then you will be paid.
Have more questions about how much truck driving school costs at TDI? Give us a call now at 800-848-7364 or contact us online.